This was my March spinning project, all plied and finished. I spun the merino on my spindle and then made a center pull ball and 2 plyed the singles. The merino was nice and squishy but I think it may have felted slightly because as I was drafting, the fibers weren't coming apart as smoothly. Or this could be the natural way of merino; I'm too lazy to look it up.
When I was plying I was getting a little frustrated because my singles kept getting tangled. I know I should just separate the fiber in half and go from there but I hate having any left over singles. I have no clue what to do with them and I want to get as much yardage as possible. Another thing I realized as I was plying was that having a wheel would make my life so much easier and efficient. Ah well, c'est la vie! As for measurements, I was able to get from these 4 ounces, about 92 yards of worsted weight yarn.
On the knitting and crochet front, I am still making hexipuffs, but I also was able to make some mittens for a charity project. This pattern was super easy. I was able to crochet these mittens in about two hours or less. I used Vanna's Choice in pink. This was such a quick crochet that I'm debating whether or not to knock out another pair.
Photos by Ammerican Photography