Thursday, September 3, 2009

Hats off to me!

I am finally done with that damn winter hat pattern. No joke, I must've ripped it out about ten times before I figured out the problems. I wasn't reading carefully and plus I figured out a mistake in the pattern. Anyway, the hat is done and I love it, even if the hat does point out a little on top and makes me look like an elf!

I may make another one like this, I'm not sure. I used Lion Brand Wool-Ease yarn in the color of seaspray. Michel and Genvieve helped me pick out the color at Lion Brand studio in the N-Y-C.
My second attempt at a different winter hat pattern is the PDQ hat which I found out of my Stitch N' Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker book by Debbie Stoller. I used three types of yarn here: more seaspray Wool-Ease, an unknown yarn in a camel color, and Wool-Ease Thick N' Quick in a creme color.
Got some ear flaps going on here. Will sew some cool buttons on them at some point, maybe.
I really like the pattern and I wish I used more of the same types of yarn because then you could see the cute little stitch pattern going on here without the thicker yarn taking over.
I'm not sure if I like this hat at the moment. I could sew some buttons on it and sell it or I could just rip it all out and start on something else. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment