Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Helping out

3rd of the way done!

When a Raveler needs help, all they need to do is shout.  In my local Rav group, one of our members needed help knitting an afghan for her godmother who is battling cancer.  Many of us stepped up to help her out.  The blanket is based off of The Great American Afghan.  Because I am no where near being a cabling queen, I volunteered to make a square using some mock cables out of my Knit and Purl Harmony guide.  I think I chose well and thought the stitch pattern was really interesting.  I used Berocco Vintage, provided by Sheep Thrills, in the mochi color way.  I dropped off my square today.  I don't think I could've made another square with what was left.  I was surprised how much yarn this square sucked up but I must say, it's such a pretty pattern!

Now, back to my regularly scheduled program of Christmas crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment