Monday, July 21, 2014

Touring while 9 months pregnant...




This year, I joined the Tour de Fleece (an event that coincides with the Tour de France - google it if you want more info) with a goal of trying to spin for a sweater or at least get through one garbage bag of fiber that a friend gave me from her sheep (we will pretend that there isn't actually three total bags insulating my bedroom right now).  Anywho, I've been doing a little spinning each day trying to kick out two bobbins each day the Tour de France is going and resting when the TdF rests.  I've been using Angela's Ashford Traditional and I was moving along quite nicely, that is, until I snapped the driveband for the millionth time.  So now, I'm at a stand still and waiting for a drive band to come in.  I am so close to finishing up the bag!  There has to be maybe less than 8 ounces still in there but I've been plying what was spun and killing the brown fiber boredom by using my spindle and other fiber in the mean time.  So far, I have a little over 350 yards of 2 ply worsted to heavy worsted weight yarn.  Not quite sweater quantity but it's getting there!

Anyone out there spinning like a fool?  How's it going?

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! Not again! You can use a piece of twine from the hardware store with a nice & tight knot in a pinch. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete