Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Endless Possibilities

 On to the worsted weight project that I absolutely love!  This is just a crocheted cowl that my friend Beth let me test for her.  I used three balls of Plymouth Gina but the choices are endless!  You could use Noro, Boku, Amazing and even hand spun.  I've already been plotting to make a few of these using my hand spun yarn that I've been hoarding away.  If you're quick with your hook, this can easily be done in one night while watching a movie.  I took my time with it, not just because I was testing but I was just enjoying the union of yarn and pattern so much!
Last up for today -Martina Behm's 22 Little Clouds.  This is a free pattern on Ravelry and I used one skein of Berocco Vintage in Pink and a skein of Wonder Why Alpaca Farm, Sunshine of Purple.  Both are sport weight yarns and I thought they played nicely together within the pattern.  I striped it and carried the yarn up the side in my stitches so I wouldn't have too many ends to weave in.  Each stripe is a repeat of the body section the pattern calls for.  I did a few extra repeats because I had more than enough yarn and I wanted it to be a little bigger.  The ruffle is such a sweet touch to this shawl!  I highly recommend this pattern because it's a nice social knitting project that turns out really pretty!

2 comments:

  1. Ok, what IS he saying to you? Or are the kidlets making you laugh? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even have a drink for this shoot! :-D I have to say that the photographer makes jokes just as good as he takes pics.

      Delete