Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Keeping it Light

 The last two projects that I made over the last few months were made with fingering weight yarn.  I finally joined the club and made Martina Behm's Hitchhiker with yarn that I dyed at the Yarn Cupboard Retreat from 2012.  This project did get abandoned but then I found it at the bottom of a project bag and decided to rip it out and start again.  Not to worry, I was only a few teeth in.  This project was not good social knitting for me because I definitely put a tooth in backwards and decided to just keep it that way.  I like how the colors pooled together and I probably will make another one of these at some point using a yarn that is a gradient or has a definitive striping pattern to it.
Then I wanted to revisit a pattern that I knew would be quick to whip out before a baby came.  I made this last year using a lavender yarn that I got at Rhinebeck back in the day.  This yarn came from a swap a few years ago from my friend, Denise.  This yarn was from the Loopy Ewe in the colorway So Long Summer.  The pattern is from Eclectic Gipsyland called Infinity Scarf Passion and is free.  I love the lightness of the bobbles, if you can imagine crocheted bobbles to be delicate and light.  I made a skinny version of the pattern and I'm already starting another with some lace weight yarn while Ramona sleeps on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment