Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Knit Picks Podcast

The other day, I decided to start my new podcast adventure with the Knit Picks podcasts.  I downloaded a few on iTunes and listened to episodes 152 and and 149.  Well, it's safe to say that I'm hooked.  I was listening about spinning, spinning wheels, roving, drop spindles and all this other terminology I'm not 100% familiar with but it managed to hold my interest.  When I started crocheting, I thought I'm never going to knit, forget that!  I'm going to stay monogamous in my fiber activity.  That didn't last very long because now I'm starting with the knitting.  Even in the back of my mind I was like okay...knitting I can do but I will never want to start spinning, forget that!   But as I type this I can see myself, a few years from now, obsessed with spinning.  I can feel it coming on already!  Unfortunately, my funds are limiting me but who knows what next year's NYS budget will bring!  In episode 149, it was nice to hear the ladies chatting about their purchases from a recent fiber festival in the Portland, Oregon area.  They were talking about their purchases and the the colors and textures and I got all sorts of excited that I can barely wait to go to another fiber festival in my area!

In summary, give Knit Picks a listen.  I really enjoyed the topics I have been listening to so far and the sound quality gets an A+ (the teacher in me had to type that!).

I'm also adding their blog to my list of sites I frequent on the right!  Check it out!

1 comment:

  1. Ah yes, you have been bitten by the fiber passion. :) I haven't spun yet either, but the good thing: unspun fiber is less expensive than it's already-spun counterpart.

    ReplyDelete