Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Quality knit pics


 These were long overdue but the hubs and I finally found some time this past weekend to shoot the things I have been working on the last few months.  First up is the Rustically Elegant Shoulder Warmer designed by friend and fellow blogger, Denise.  I'm sure I've said this a few times but this pattern was so much fun to crochet and I truly believe you could use almost any weight yarn to get a great garment out of this, depending on what you're in the mood for.  I used Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool- about a skein and half-ish and the buttons were from my favorite local yarn store, Yarn Cupboard.  I do believe, if I get my buns in gear, I will be submitting this to the New York State Fair in the crocheted garments category. 

 Second up, is the Color Block Shawl from Jenn Pfieffer.  This was part of a knit-a-long in one of the Ravelry groups (obsessed with Instagram).  I used Knit Picks Telemark for this and used about 1 ball of Caution and 2 balls of Heathered Cilantro.  I really enjoy how the border looks with the M1 stitches.

And lastly, the love of my life (sorry Michael), Color Affection!  I used three skeins of Holiday Yarns Flocksock Sock yarn in the colorways of Apollo, Badger Black, and a skein of greeny blue goodness that I dyed at last year's Yarn Cupboard Retreat.  I would make this shawl again in a heart beat.  In fact, I'm already plotting my next color combo...

3 comments:

  1. OhMyBob, I absolutely love your Colour Affection!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love how the shoulder warmer turned out! Maybe it's time for me to start hooking again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to see fellow redheads rocking the natural curl! lovely projects too!

    ReplyDelete