Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Anyone for a bag?

 I've been pretty busy again and even with the end of the school year coming and a million and one things to do there, I refuse to stop crafting at home.  It's a nice release.  One of the things I was working on was a test crochet for my friend, Denise.  The name of the pattern is, Anyone for a Stroll? Bag.  She wanted me to use hand spun yarn since the pattern really does that sort of yarn a lot of justice.  I was scared at first.  I have this habit of making all this awesome yarn and hoarding it away and not doing anything with it.  This test was a great motivation to use it!

 I can't believe I waited so long to use my own hand spun.  It was a wool merino blend that was soft, squishy and full of bounce.  The dark pink fiber was from Spinner's Hill that I two plied.  I had a different button purchased originally but decided to keep a light wood theme going with this bag.  The button is from Joann Fabrics as well as the handles.


You may also notice that there is a light pink fiber running around the base of the bag and up at the top edge.  That yarn was spun for me by my friend, Gretchen, into thick and thin singles.  This was from a trip to Rhinebeck where I bought a ton of fiber and then asked her to spin it up for me.  I love how both of these yarns work together.  

If you like what you see, head on over to Denise's blog and check out her newest collection: Fleurs et L'eau.  Her most recent posts are showcasing the patterns!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely! I can understand why it took so long to take the plunge with the handspun but what beautiful results. A gorgeous combination of yarns. So pleased for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jodie! You should most definitely check out her patterns. I do believe you would love them!

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for testing - it turned out so well! I especially like the button.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me test! I'm very pleased with the result and I'm glad I opted for the wooden button and not the metal one :-) I can use it some other time ;-)

      Delete