Monday, August 5, 2013

A Tale Of Two Scarves

 Here are the last couple of projects I have been working on this summer.  The scarf above was just a basic chevron pattern repeat from Fatima Lasay's blog.  I opted not to put on any florets mostly because I wanted to keep it looking simple.  I used Lion Brand Angora Merino and oh my goodness, so soft!  I cannot wait to wrap this around my neck come winter time!  I used one ball of each color (Blossom and Smoked Pearl) and started with a longer foundation chain than noted.  I'm thinking I'll wear this wrapped in a euro knot (fitting for the French teacher, eh?)
This scarf I made with two balls of Moda Dea Caché yarn in the Smartie colorway that I got a very long time ago.  It was so old it was one of the first yarns I stashed into Ravelry!  It's pretty much all gone now and I think this will be a future Christmas gift or something for Hazey to wear in the fall.  I haven't decided yet.  The yarn is a wool/acrylic blend with a little sparkle thrown in!

No comments:

Post a Comment