Friday, August 30, 2013

Dose of fiber!


I can't believe how quickly August has went by!  I've been keeping busy with my Cast-on-apalooza projects and making some gifts for friends and family.  I wish I could say that I am starting my Christmas crafting early but it's not the case.  I made 15 little wash cloths for Michael's aunt and uncle as a thank you gift for letting us stay at their house with the kidlets when we road tripped it down to Florida.  I used Lily Sugar n' Creme in the colorways of ecru, rose pink and indigo.  The pattern was free off of Ravelry and can be found under the name Diagonal Dishcloth.  It was a fun and quick crochet!



 
 Then I had to start doing some top secret knitting for a friend.  That's about all I can say, I'm not sure if she visits my blog or not but better to be safe than sorry.  All projects will be revealed in a few weeks!

Oh, one day you will be mine Kromski...

Rolags and my spin stuff

Rolag or batt :-D?

Lastly, I went to spin night at my lys and was lucky enough to hear a little about blending boards, rolags, and punis.  Punis seem to be the craze for fiber freaks lately.  I got to take home two rolags and I'm looking forward to how they spin up.  I also did a little of my own spinning as well.  That has since been plyed and now it's chilling on the kniddy knoddy - pictures to follow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment