Thursday, November 4, 2010

Wrists

 I made these wrist warmers for a co-worker for Christmas.  Since I'm not full-time this year (darn you NYS budget) I decided that this would be the year to craft most of the gifts I'm giving.
These are hand warmers from creativeyarns' pattern here and from her blog.  I used a mohair blend from Patons Nuance in the colorway of night life.  I decided to follow the pattern exactly (minus the flower) this time around and was very pleased with the results.

I'm also trying to start this little guy for my sister but every time I start, I can't seem to get past the 4th round.  My tension is too tight, or the needle is too small, or the yarn just isn't sliding off nice and easy.  Because of all that jazz, my wrists are a little sore and I'm feeling a little bummed about not being able to loosen up and take it easy.  I'm going to try again one more time and if it doesn't go to my liking, I will move up a hook and see where that takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment