Tuesday, May 8, 2012

More Zombies

Ah, it's been a while since I crocheted up a zombie and since one of my students wanted one, I couldn't resist the request.  This is the Cyber Zombie from the Creepy Cute Crochet book.  I used Lion Brand Cotton-ease in taupe and almond.

Currently, I'm spinning up my sunflowers fiber from Clover Leaf Farms.  I'm trying very hard to spin the merino fine as suggested by the Fleece and Fiber Source Book.  So far, so good.  I'm even letting the spindle go for a while without parking it in between my legs.  Hopefully, by the end of this four ounces I can draft and spin at the same time with confidence!

I've been on an amigurumi kick and started making a kitty from the Amineko Amigurumi book that my sister got me for Christmas this past year.  I'm kinda getting annoyed with the pattern and the thought of sewing all the body parts together kicked in just the other night that I decided to just put the project on hold.  Even though I still need to make legs and a tail...

Two other projects that I've gotten together in bags with the yarn, pattern and needles are  some hand warmers and a shawl.  They are ready to be started.  This Thursday for knit night at the Yarn Cupboard, I plan on starting my first ever knitted shawl that I'm convinced won't make me look like an old fogey.  I'll be using the greenish blue sock yarn that I dyed at the retreat back in March and I'm using a skein of Noro that I got for Christmas to make the hand warmers.  I'll be learning a couple things with these projects: provisional cast-on and knitting something besides hexipuffs with double pointed needles!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the zombies! I keep seeing all these books at the library of really cute knitting and crochet projects. I always think about learning, but then again I have a friend who supplies me with homemade gifts so I don't need to do the work! :-)

    ReplyDelete