Friday, May 2, 2014

Some more bulk...



Here's the evolution of the Bandana Cowl from the Purl Bee website!  This was a pretty quick knit that used up a skein and a half of Lion Brand Alpine Wool in the color ways of sky blue and vanilla on size 10 needles!    I did learn a little from this pattern in regards to short rows.  My first experience with short rows was the aviatrix hat and color affection and the patterns never called for picking up the wrapped stitch but this cowl did.  I now understand if you're just using garter stitch you can't really see the wrapped stitch but if you're going stockinette, you will notice it and have to pick it up.  It was like a little knitting light bulb went on in my head.  I haven't had an "aha" moment in a while with my knitting so I'm really proud of myself for noticing it.  The cowl is super squishy and cozy and I made it just in time for spring to have sprung in central New York!  But the unpredictable weather in CNY ensures that I'll be able to wear it one more time before spring is here to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment