Monday, April 4, 2011

The town over

Last week, I was having my parents over for dinner.  I didn't have to pick up Hazel and I was able to drive back home the 'old' way without having to jump on the thru-way, which drives me nuts!!  On route 5 just upon entering Elbridge, New York, from the west, I stopped into this yarn store, Duck Flats Fiber Studio, and took a look around.



I was a little bummed that old issues of Spin Off weren't for sale because I found the perfect issue to help me out with a new addiction - finding the right spindle.


Here's a shot of their award winning American and Canadian wool that was very nice and a tad pricey.  I really wanted to buy a hank but I vowed to myself not to spend over $12.  Mostly because I only had that much in cash on me.


I loved this little teddy bear hanging out on his Adirondack chair in his super cute knitwear.  Soooo upstate New York of him!

2 comments:

  1. Get on the dot com and order that edition of spin off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't get me started on walking into any LYS with a budget in mind ... ohmybob. :) That one looks super-cute, especially Mr. Adironack Bear.

    And thanks for the article kudos - I enjoyed the research and the writing!

    ReplyDelete