Monday, July 19, 2010

Organized Decisions or What's in my project bag?


Here's a sneak peak at what I just finished for my friend.  I have decided to give this gift for her birthday so she has it all ready for the winter months although, I'd probably use this more as a decoration and you'll see why once I post more pics.


So last year I went to the Sheep and Wool Festival in Rhinebeck, New York (mark your calendars people it's October 16th and 17th this year!) and never posted the pic of the cool crochet case I got in one of the booths.  I had a case already but it was small and ugly:


You know the only kind you can find in a chain store like Michael's or Joann Fabrics.  I have a ton of hooks in various sizes and material and this little hook holder just wasn't cutting it!  


Ahhhh... look at all the room for my needles and such a sweet design.  The woman's business is called Crippenworks and if you go to her site you can find crochet cases, knitting cases, and bags to hold your projects in.  I like how their fabric is always changing.  If you liked my case - too bad - it's all gone!  However, there are new and spiffy fabrics that took it's place.


Here's a bag I like to use for my buttons, thread, sewing needles and stitch counters.  Got this at Razzbarry in downtown Syracuse but if you go here you can find even more from Ann Millie.


And lastly, another little bag that I couldn't resist (mostly because it has French on it) that I purchased at Razzbarry's and it holds my Crochet Answer Book (super helpful).  Is it necessary that I have a little bag in which to hold a pretty sturdy book?  The answer: BIEN SÛR!

As for what's on my hook?  I decided to pause a moment on Christmas gifts and start the Bombay Love sweater for Hazel Jean.  Check out Rima's blog - it's awesome!  I spent a couple of hours reading all her posts and if you love to crochet or even knit, it's worth the time to peek into the life of a creative woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment