Friday, October 12, 2012

Crafting...what's that?

 Life has been crazy busy since I went back to teaching in September that I've hardly had a chance to do any yarn crafting.  Plus, my two little redheads are keeping me super busy.  That's okay, they're lucky they are cute as heck...

 It's also getting pretty chilly here.  I'm so excited for cold weather.  This summer was way too hot and sticky.  I wish I could live in constant autumn.  Is there a place on earth where that happens?  I'm enjoying my camp out mitts too.  Can't you tell?

 I've been spinning this up but it's taking me forever (prolly cuz of teaching, babies, and house work)!  This is fiber I got from Pear Tree Farms at the Finger Lakes Fiber Festival a couple of years ago.  It's a mixed wool blend that was over dyed.  There were four bumps in blue, yellow, and orange.  It's not the smoothest spinning but I do like the colors and since it didn't come with a name I immediately thought of Yellow Submarine!

Tomorrow, I will be going to my first fiber festival of the year.  I am way overdue and with all the spinning I've been doing this year I have hardly a fiber stash right now.  It's Little York's first time hosting a fiber fest and I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself.  There is around twenty-two vendors and I'm fine with that.  I've been to Rhinebeck once and that was enough.  Too many people and so overwhelming!  Give me small and cozy and I'm there!  I am especially excited to see what Spun Right Round brings to the fest...

No comments:

Post a Comment