Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Plotting

 Weapons of choice for my next two cast-ons.  Yes, those are some big circular needles for some sweater knitting and not just little kid sweater knitting, ME sweater knitting.  We will see how it goes.  I'm planning on starting Mud Season by Elizabeth Smith and the Plain and Simple Pullover by Veera Valimaki.  I've done a little research and heard some really awesome things about each pattern and then the occasional horror story.  I'm just going to go for it and see what happens from there.  If I no like, I frog!

 Then I cast on (not actually a part of my cast-on-apaloosa craziness) a little baby hat for my friend who is due in April.  I already gave her the little mitts   (picture forthcoming when she gets a moment) and still had enough to make a little hat.  I was done with the hat by the end of the night.  How satisfying after casting on and not finishing anything for a while.
This is the finished product.  I used the pattern from the Baby Football Hat because I like the ribbing at the brim and how the decreases go up at the top.  The yarn is Manos del Uruguay Maxima and it was knit up on size 4 DPNs.  It's a squishy worsted weight and is so soft!  I could roll around naked in it!  Okay, maybe that was too much information but you get the idea!  I highly recommend this yarn if you've never tried it!

No comments:

Post a Comment