Sunday, January 12, 2014

Squish!

 The last couple of days I have been fantasizing about using these two skeins in my projects for cast-on-apaloosa.  The Manos del Uruguay Maxima is so squishy and the green is so vibrant.  I, originally, was going to make a Barley for myself but decided to make another TinCanKnits pattern, Maize.  This pattern can go two ways - fingerless mitts or mittens.  I'm opting for the fingerless mitts and the nice solid color will really bring out the interesting stitch pattern its got going on.

As for the Jill Draper Splendor on the right, I am planning on making the Wingfeathers shawl by Cal Patch.  It's a crochet pattern using fingering weight yarn and one of the smallest hooks I own.  I really love the color combos in this skein and I hope they come together nicely. 
Last but definitely not least, my awesome friend Mel, picked up this beautiful yarn bowl as a Christmas gift for me.  Isn't the color awesome? 

1 comment:

  1. I love the way the swirls in your backdrop echo the swirl in your yarn bowl. You must let us know what it is like to work from that yarn bowl. I am curious because I have always wanted to try one but never had a chance.
    With such gorgeous yarns I am sure it will be a pleasure.

    ReplyDelete