Thursday, January 9, 2014

Something foxy, something new!

 The first FO of the year is Sleepy Renard who is not looking very sleepy.  I didn't really have the patience to stitch lashes and crocheting eyelids but I find this cute all the same.  I used sock yarn and a small crochet hook to stitch this up for one of my former students.  I didn't follow the pattern for the body either, I started another head by accident and and decided rather than ripping to just start decreasing and calling it a day. 

 I'm still spinning this awesome fiber from Holiday Yarns.  I'm about 3/4 through the roving and I love how this is turning out.  I'm not sure if I will keep it as singles or ply it.  I have time yet to think it over.  It was so nice to spin after my knitting and crocheting marathon these last few weeks.

 This is what I had to deal with when I started winding yarn up for the second installment of cast-on-apalooza in our local Ravelry group.  Every time I use lace, I encounter some kind of uber knot.  What the heck!?  I enlisted the help of my friend, Jen, who definitely made a dent in the mess and then I picked it back up on one of snow days we had last week.  

 Voilà!  I beat you, stupid knot!

 This was my first CO with the lace from above.  The pattern is called Critron which is the crocheted version of Citron.  It's a free pattern by Martha Simonsen.  It's basically a bunch of single crochets which is going to be a test of endurance for me at this point.  I like it so far but I'm not really dazzled at the moment.  Good thing is, depending on what I decide to do, I finally started this project after having it in my queue since I joined Ravelry.  If I frog, there will be absolutely no guilt!

My second CO was the Storm Cloud Shawlette, by Hanna Breetz, using my own hand spun singles from Pear Tree Farms.  It was a little difficult to get started because my singles haven't seemed to relax since they've been washed and weighted.  I'm hoping that if I block this, they will chill out.  Or, I could be totally wrong and have a very wiry shawl.  Either way, no guilt if I need to frog this in the future either.  So far, neither project has been as exciting to me as picking the yarn and pattern out but, I could also be in some sort of post-holiday funk.  What project are you starting the new year out with?

No comments:

Post a Comment