Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Ending the Craziness

 It's finally come to an end.  Yes, cast-on-apalooza is done at the end of this week.  I'm ready for it to end because I haven't had time to go back to the first cast-ons and continue.  It will be nice to focus on one project at a time now.  The above scarf I tried to CO the other day but couldn't get through it with my aluminum needles.  I have been trying to get into my lys to get some bamboo needles but life has been getting in the way and then today I was just too pooped!  I still have until Saturday and I'll be taking a knitting class there then so I can at least get a few rows in at the wire!  Eventually it's going to be a really nice alpaca lace scarf with increases and decreases so that the scarf looks ruched in some spots.  I plan on wearing that one a lot with my work wardrobe.

The other CO that I started is the Persephone Hood by my buddy Denise over at Voie de Vie.  I'm holding a worsted and an aran together and the result is a nice, rustic, bulky fabric.  I cast on with the recommended stitches but it's not working to the gauge noted but that is okay because I want a bigger hood especially now with this polar vortex nonsense.  Either way, I'm excited to add the pom poms on at the end.  It's totally cool for an adult to sport pom poms at her work place, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment